Monday, December 27, 2010

Halloween

This holiday season has been very festive for me. Usually I don't really get into the holidays because I have been in school and haven't really had the time, but this year has been great. It all started in October with Halloween.

For Halloween I usually don't dress up. And if i do dress up, i find something around my house or wear a costume i wore in previous years. This year, thanks to a 25$ gift card to Target from my boss, i purchased a REAL Halloween costume. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to be. I needed to be something timeless that I could wear year after year. And I also wanted a costume that could potentially be a couples costume (assuming Stephen would take the initiative to go costume shopping.)

I decided to be Yoda. I found an awesome Jedi costume from Target in the little boy's section that fit like a glove. And then I went on my search for Yoda ears or headband or something. I visited several Halloween stores, and the only Yoda masks I could find were latex. Deciding that a latex mask wouldn't be best for work at the bank, i decided to scrap the Yoda idea all together and be a regular Jedi. Here is my costume.
We celebrated Halloween at Stephen's parent's house. We had "body part soup" for dinner, which was soup in a pumpkin bread bowl with plastic body parts, and then built a haunted house in the basement. Here are a few pictures.
Spooky witch Elizabeth
Joshua was a Chinese man.
Here are Harry Potter and Dracula reading Calvin and Hobbs.

Donnette Perkins gave Talisa Vistaunet and I tickets to see Dracula at pioneer theatre in Salt Lake. It was great! but a little scary. I also saw Thriller at Kingsbury hall with Stephen's family. It wasn't very scary, but pretty fun.

1 comment:

Marcella said...

cute. i had no idea you were Yoda!